Steps to generate self-signed-certificate for https traffic:
1. Open /<ihs-root>/bin/ikeyman
2. Select CMS as type and specify a file name and a location for the certificate file
3. When prompted for a password type in your desired password.
4. Click Create > New Self-Signed Certificate in iKeyman. Type in your desired values.
5. Exit iKeymen.
6. Verify that all needed files (3-4 files) are generated in your certificate location.
After generating a self-signed-certificate the IHS needs to be configured to use SSL.
1. Open /<ihs-root>/conf/httpd.conf
2. Add following line to load the SSL module. Add these line add the end of the Load Modules section.
LoadModule ibm_ssl_module modules/mod_ibm_ssl.so
3. Add a virtual host to enable SSL.
4. Save and restart the HTTPs Server (/<ihs-root>/bin/apachectl)
If SSL isnt working check the Virtual Host defined in your WebSphere Server.
1. In Administrative Console go to Virtual > default host > Host Aliases and check if port 433 is defined.
To setup SSL between IHS and a WebSphere-Server see:
Perhaps you need to update the default plugin key files.
1. In Administrative Console go to WebServer > <webserver-name> > Plugin properties
2. Click "Copy to Web server key store directory" to override the old default certificates.
3. Restart the IHS and try again